Center for Multicultural Education and Programs (CMEP) and Student Diversity Service Deliverables Come Spring 2014 All Programs & Services Offered by
CMEP/Student Diversity are open and accessible to all NYU School of Engineering Students and Staff. For a full list of our programs and services visit: www.nyu.edu/cmep or www.nyu.edu/life/student-life/student-diversity.html
In addition, CMEP will continue to execute intentional promotional and marketing strategies in Brooklyn for events and initiatives occurring On the Square. This is including, but not limited to, Welcome Week and Welcome Back to Square Events (including NYU Portraits), Intergroup Dialogue, FOCUS Mentorship, ISM, Multiple Identity Series, Ally Week Activities, ACT-Institute, NYU WorldTour (formerly known as Global Fest), NYU MLK Week.
In an effort to ensure representation and participation of students in our campus traditions, NYU School of Engineering staff will be designated to serve on the NYU MLK Committee, NYU WorldTour Committee, Multicultural Resource Group (MRG) and other university-wide diversity related committees.
CMEP/Student Diversity and NYU-Poly (School of Engineering) Service Deliverables specifically in Brooklyn:
- CMEP is available to offer Diversity Training on site in Brooklyn by request. Requests can be made on-line at staff and student organizations by visiting the Services/Resources area of our website.
- CMEP/LGBTQ staff hold monthly office hours on the Brooklyn campus to answer questions related to available resources, upcoming programming and to answer student diversity related concerns and questions.
- Offer Administrators of Color Network Activity at least once a semester in Brooklyn.
- NYU Ally Week Events in Brooklyn
- Offer a Grad/Alumni of Color Social in Brooklyn
- Offer Ongoing diversity related consultation, training, professional development and support as needed
- A CMEP Ambassador from the NYU School of Engineering will be selected to serve in Brooklyn
- Ally Week Ambassadors will be selected from NYU School of Engineering to support program initiatives occurring on the campus during the week
- Offer an Intergroup Dialogue Section in Brooklyn
- Conduct a Diversity Zone Training of Trainers for Designated Staff
- Co-Sponsor programs specifically focused on diversity and engineering that will take place in Brooklyn