The School of Engineering Students: Get On Board With A 25% Discount On NJ Transit Monthly Passes
The partnership between the School of Engineering and NJ TRANSIT that gives students more transportation options and opportunities continues! the School of Engineering FULL TIME undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to receive a rail, bus, or light rail monthly pass at 25% off of the regular monthly pass price, when they enroll online through NJ TRANSIT's Quik-Tik program.
First Time Users:
- Log onto your PeopleSoft Self Service.
- First time users should click on "NJ Transit Enrollment" under Personal Information. Click on this only once.
- All passes are purchased online through a secure, automatic bill payment system, which also provides account management tools. Please note that a non-refundable $3.00 processing fee will be applied each month, in addition to the fare for the pass.
- After signing up for the program through your PeopleSoft account, you can use the "NJ Transit Login" button in PeopleSoft to maintain your account.
- You must sign up by the 10th of the month to receive your monthly pass for the travel in the next month. For Example: If you need a Monthly Pass for September, you must register ON or BEFORE August 10th.
Confused about where on PeopleSoft? Check out this screen shot: The School of Engineering NJ Transit Instructions and Information
Existing Quik-Tik Users:
If you are an existing Student Quik-Tik customer, all you need to do is recativate your account.
- Log into to your PeopleSoft Self Service.
- Enter required information (student pin, user ID, etc.), and you will be taken the NJ TRANSIT's Quik-Tik main page. Enter requested information.
- You are now at the "Account Summary" page. Scroll to the bottom to see your status information.
- Click on "Change Status."
- Click on "Reactivate previously suspended monthly pass mailing" and click on the submit button.
- After your account is reactivated, you will again receive monthly passes each month on an automatic basis until next May. You must enter Quik-Tik from the School of Engineering's PeopleSoft Self Service NJ Transit website to reactivate your account. If you have any questions regarding reactivating your account, please contact them at 1-866-Quik-Tik.
NJ TRANSIT Online Student Pass FAQ (PDF)
What is NJ TRANSIT Online Student Pass?
NJ TRANSIT Online Student Pass provides full-time undergraduate and graduate students with a 25% discount on already discounted monthly passes for NJ TRANSIT bus, rail and light rail systems.
Is this program for any undergraduate or graduate student in New Jersey?
No. Colleges and universities must join the Student Pass program first before students can buy a Student Pass online. The School of Engineering and NYU students are eligible.
Are all students able to buy a Student Pass?
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students at the School of Engineering are eligible.
How do I buy a Student Pass?
All passes are purchased online through a secure, automatic bill payment system, which also provides account management tools. Students must sign up via PeopleSoft. You must sign up by the 10th of the month to receive your monthly pass for the travel in the next month. (For example, for your October 2013 monthly pass; sign up on or before September 10, 2013.) A non-refundable $3 processing fee will be applied each month, in addition to the fare for the pass.
How long is the pass valid?
The pass is good for one month as shown. You will receive a new monthly pass in the mail every month unless you choose to suspend your account. Each month, your credit card is automatically billed.
Do I have to buy a pass for the summer months?
No, NJ TRANSIT suspends every Student Pass account at the end of May. Students who want to buy a Student Pass during the summer months or want to reactivate their Student Pass account in the fall can do so through online account management.
Can I suspend my account at any time?
Yes, you can suspend your account through the online account management tools.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- You must sign up by the 10th of the month to receive your monthly pass for the travel in the next month. (Enrollment must be completed on or before the 10th of the previous month to receive the pass for the next month.)
- Effective with the mailing of September 2009 monthly passes, a non-refundable $3 processing fee will be applied each month, in addition to the fare for the pass.
- After you enroll for Quik-Tik, you will receive a new monthly pass in the mail each and every month unless you choose to suspend your account.
- If you choose to suspend your monthly pass (winter or summer break), you will need to reactivate your account once again through our secure the School of Engineering website (this will verify enrollment).
- Students who participate in this program agree that the monthly pass is for their exclusive use only. Each student is eligible to receive one discounted monthly pass per month. Passes are non-transferable. Any abuse or purposeful deception will result in the cancellation of the student's monthly pass account, and (s)he will be unable to participate in the program in the future. This will also apply to any other student who is knowingly involved.